Raxil PRO and PRO Shield: A new dawn in cereal seed treatment
For cereal growers, there is no better way to get the new cropping season off to a great start than with Raxil® PRO and Raxil PRO Shield seed treatments. They take protection to a whole new level during the first three weeks following seeding – by far the most crucial time for your crop – and support maximum plant health no matter what challenges arise through to harvest.
Raxil PRO keeps things simple. It’s one product with one rate that offers full protection, giving growers complete confidence that they have all diseases covered no matter what the disease levels in the field are. For even more protection, use Raxil PRO Shield with Stress Shield® technology – a breakthrough in plant health.
Click here to watch Raxil Pro Plant Health Video.
Both products dramatically reduce the risk of the unknown or unexpected that inevitably arises each year. They offer insurance and benefits that help you capture the full potential of a great cropping season to achieve your best results yet.
- Easy-to-apply formulation combines the effective systemic activity of tebuconazole and metalaxyl with the powerful contact and systemic fungicide prothioconazole to essentially sterilize and protect from diseases on and around the seed, as well as within the seed and the soil
- Ready-to-use micro-dispersion formula is designed for both commercial and on-farm treating applications
- Unlike other seed treatments available, the viscosity of Raxil does not change until it freezes (-16°C)
- Water-based formulation helps reduce dust, minimizes buildup on equipment, and makes for easy cleanup
The power of three different fungicide treatments come together to bring you the all-new Raxil PRO cereal seed treatment, now with the powerful contact fungicide prothioconazole. With one simple, easy-to-use rate, Raxil PRO gives you control over your cereal seeds with superior protection from fusarium graminearum and true loose smut. The chart below shows how Fusarium graminearum was reduced by over 16% when crops were treated with Raxil PRO.
Seed-borne fusarium graminearum – 2011
Source: Bayer CropScience 11 D&L trials, 2011
Click here for the Raxil PRO Fact Sheet
Raxil PRO Shield
A Breakthrough in Plant Health
Get all the benefits of Raxil PRO plus the added protection of Stress Shield with Raxil PRO Shield, the most complete systemic and contact disease protection available on the market.
Why Raxil PRO Shield?
- Unmatched seed and soil-borne disease control
- 3 fungicidal actives for complete contact and systemic protection
- One simple rate, regardless of disease pressure
- Micro-dispersion formulation for more thorough coverage of your seeds
- Applies safely in pre-season temperatures with a freezing point of -16°C
- Stress Shield component for increased plant health and wireworm protection
The Stress Shield Difference
Stress Shield is a neonicotinoid insecticide engineered to improve plant health to help cope with stresses and fight off pests. Under ideal conditions plants will dedicate available energy to increase growth and seed production. When a plant encounters pests, drought, heat or other stressors, their response is to re-direct energy stores to further protect themselves and initiate repairs.
Stress Shield curtails the negative effects of plant stresses by supplying a supplemental energy pool for internal repair and coping systems.
Stress Shield results in:
- Higher performing root systems
- Improved vigour
- Robust growth and increased yield
See the Stress Shield difference for yourself. The plant on the left (treated with Stress Shield) has a far more robust root structure and plant thickness than the control sample on the right. A thicker root and shorter Mesocotyl can result in a more vigorous plant and an increase in frost tolerance.
Additionally, through ingestion and/or contact, the active ingredient in Stress Shield (imidacloprid) prevents wireworms from feeding on cereal crops, forcing them into a prolonged coma-like state.
Untreated vs. Raxil PRO Shield
Warm and moist early season conditions are a breeding ground for disease, making it more important than ever to test your seed. However, seed-borne diseases are present across a range of soil temperature and soil moisture conditions.
|Seed-borne Disease Favourable Conditions
|Soil Temp - Warm
||C. Sativus Fusarium spp.
||C. Sativus Fusarium spp.
|Soil Temp - Cool
Gain in Yield
The chart below shows the gain in yield from treating with Raxil PRO Shield is over 7% versus leaving your crops untreated.
Source: Bayer CropScience 3 D&L trials in Western Canada, 12 to 16 days after emergence.
Raxil Virtual Tour
With a busy growing season, you’re not always able to make crop tours. Instead of missing out, stay informed from the comfort of your home with a Virtual Crop Tour video of the 2013 Demonstration Strip Trials for Raxil PRO.
Click here for the Raxil PRO Shield Fact Sheet