INTRODUCTION AND NEW POLICY STATEMENT
Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) Policy of Bayer
The undersigned are committed to continuous improvement with respect to QHSE being in agreement with the Policy of Bayer global and adopt the Vision, Principles and Commitment as presented below for Bayer CropScience Inc.
Dianna Emperingham Al Driver
Director, Product Supply President/CEO
Bayer CropScience Inc. Bayer CropScience Inc.
Bayer wants to be acknowledged as an QHSE Industry Leader in Crop Protection, Seeds and Environmental Science providing innovative solutions meeting the needs of our customers in line with the global principles of Responsible Care and Sustainable Development.
We conduct our businesses with respect and care for the environment and without compromising the health and safety of people, whether employees, customers, or citizens around the world.
We strive for continuous improvement of all our business processes while at the same time meeting or exceeding all relevant legal or regulatory requirements and appropriate international standards.
The high quality of our practices, products and services, as key elements, aim to make our customers successful and add value to our businesses.
We provide an environment for an open and transparent internal and external communication.
The diversity and skills of our employees world-wide are essential for understanding and fulfilling the needs of our customers.
All resources needed to achieve these objectives will be ensured by Bayer. Every employee has to support these principles.
In order to follow these principles every part of the Bayer businesses will:
- Integrate QHSE into the business strategies and processes to add value to Bayer following the QHSE philosophy “Quality and Safety Excellence”
- Manage QHSE effectively by developing, implementing and maintaining a best practice integrated, process oriented management system for all businesses and in accordance with agreed requirements and guidelines
- Analyze and manage the QHSE risks of the business throughout product life cycle and assess and manage the environmental impacts from past practices
- Manage and measure QHSE performance and develop annual and long-term QHSE objectives to achieve continuous, sustainable improvement
- Verify compliance of the QHSE management system with internal and external requirements through audits and strive for compliance with international standards like ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Address QHSE issues and their impact in all practices, processes and products to align our business with public and customer expectations
- Promote QHSE awareness and enhance confidence and acceptance of all stakeholders by informing, communicating, training, advising and encouraging, both internally and externally
Bayer recognizes the need and right of public emergency response organizations to know the risks associated with the products and operations in our agricultural chemical facility in Regina, Saskatchewan. This emergency response contingency plan, developed in accordance with our policies and procedures, is intended to provide the necessary information and procedures to ensure the safe, efficient handling of emergency situations (fire, spills, releases) regardless of cause.