All sponsorship and donation proposals must be submitted using the online form on this website. But in order to ensure your request is a good fit with our organization, please see our definitions and guidelines below.
How we define “sponsorships”
The goal of our sponsorships program is to recognize and support our partners through mutually beneficial opportunities that not only meet the needs of our recipients but also recognize Bayer as a committed partner in their success.
We seek to build long-term relationships with these organizations found within our areas of giving, which support both non-profit and for-profit groups on a national or regional scale. Sponsorships can include such things as event, program, product and/or operational funding opportunities.
How we define “donations”
The goal of our donations program is to recognize and support organizations based solely on their needs, including organizations that our employees also value. The goal is to create sustainable partnerships that continually improve the communities in which Bayer employees live and work.
We do not accept compensation of any kind for donations made nor does our company seek to use these opportunities to promote our organization through reciprocity.
We aim to provide help when and where it is needed; however, we do seek to build long-term, mutually-aligned relationships with these organizations found within our areas of giving and geographic focus areas.
Bayer does not donate to the following:
- For-profit organizations
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, gender, sexual orientation or national origin
- General operating support for United Way-affiliated agencies
- Organizations or programs designed to influence legislation or elect candidates to public office
- General endowment funds
- Deficit reduction or operating reserves
- Religious organizations
- Charitable dinners, events or sponsorships
- Community or event advertising
- Student trips or exchange programs
- Athletic/sports sponsorships or scholarships
- Telephone solicitations
- Organizations outside of Canada
- Science and Innovation
- Education and Youth
- Arts and Culture
Because we are committed to improving the communities in which our employees live and work, Bayer focuses on providing funding to organizations that serve these communities:
- Lethbridge, Alberta
- Calgary, Alberta
- Leduc, Alberta
- Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Regina, Saskatchewan
- Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Guelph, Ontario
- Ottawa, Ontario