InVigor Choice LR250 is the first InVigor Choice hybrid with this innovative technology, which will combine the exceptional yield performance of an InVigor with built-in industry-leading herbicide trait technologies LibertyLink® from Bayer and Genuity® Roundup Ready® from Monsanto.
Is InVigor Choice right for you?
- Looking for the YIELD and PERFORMANCE of an InVigor with the ability to use Roundup WeatherMAX®? InVigor Choice will provide you with the yield performance of an InVigor hybrid, as well as the ability to use Roundup WeatherMAX® herbicide to control the toughest of weeds.
- Trouble controlling tough weeds such as cleavers or Canada thistle in your canola? Cleavers and Canada thistle are hard-to-control weeds and Roundup WeatherMAX® herbicide is an effective control option for these tough weeds.
- Difficulty finding time to complete your pre-burn prior to seeding your canola? InVigor Choice will provide you with the flexibility to apply a post-seed Roundup WeatherMAX® herbicide application.
InVigor Choice may not fit all cropping rotations; we encourage you to consult with your local retail and agronomist to decide where InVigor Choice can best benefit your operation.
Recommended Herbicide Use Pattern:
- 1st Pass: Roundup WeatherMAX® herbicide early, at cotyledon to 3 leaf stage
- 2nd Pass: Liberty® herbicide or Roundup WeatherMAX® herbicide (no later than 6 leaf stage), 10-14 days after 1st pass
InVigor Choice LR250 is the first canola hybrid of its kind; providing growers the ability to control the toughest weeds on their farm without sacrificing yield.
As part of our ongoing commitment to the sustainability of Canadian agriculture, Bayer makes a substantial investment into the research and development of NEW InVigor hybrids annually. Our goal is to bring new innovations and technologies into the marketplace that will help maximize grower profits and minimize their risk.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is InVigor Choice important for Canadian canola growers?
- InVigor® Choice LR250 is the first canola hybrid of its kind that provides the exceptional yield performance of an InVigor with both industry leading herbicide trait technologies – LibertyLink® and Genuity® Roundup Ready®. This gives growers greater flexibility for in-crop herbicide application to control the toughest weeds and maximize yield potential.
- InVigor Choice hybrids will not fit every cropping rotation, as such Bayer’s breeding focus remains in the straight LibertyLink system, but InVigor Choice is another valuable tool for growers to help maximize their operation.
Does this increase the risk of glyphosate resistance on my farm?
- Growers should plan a 4 to 5 year cropping rotation and take into account crop types, herbicides (Groups), disease pressures, volunteer management (all crops) etc. when deciding on what canola hybrids are best suited to their farm. InVigor Choice hybrids will not fit every cropping rotation.
- Glyphosate is an extremely important tool for farms and must be managed appropriately. InVigor Choice hybrids can be a part of that management plan if glyphosate is not over used. If you are already over-reliant on glyphosate on your farm, we recommend growing LibertyLink only InVigor hybrids.
I am concerned about controlling volunteer canola in subsequent years?
- Cross pollination in your canola field is a normal occurrence in Western Canada, therefore volunteer canola can contain more than one herbicide tolerance trait regardless of the herbicide tolerance system(s) that have previously been grown. Volunteer canola should be actively managed and there are multiple options available to control volunteer canola of all herbicide tolerances. Check out how Pardner can help you manage volunteer canola.
- Refer to the Canola Council of Canada’s recommendations on controlling volunteer canola
Why is Bayer interested in InVigor Choice canola hybrids?
- As the global leader in canola, our goal is to provide growers with the latest innovation and technology to solve their evolving farming challenges, and realize their opportunities. InVigor Choice expands our product offering to give growers more choice towards how they manage weeds, without sacrificing yield.
Learn more about InVigor Choice LR250.
Bayer CropScience Inc. and MONSANTO are members of Excellence Through Stewardship® (“ETS”). InVigor Choice is commercialized in accordance with the ETS Guide for Product Launch Stewardship. The biotechnology traits expressed in InVigor Choice have achieved full regulatory authorizations in Canada and certain export markets with deemed functioning regulatory systems. Grain from InVigor Choice must not be exported without all necessary approvals in the importing country. Information regarding the regulatory status of InVigor Choice as well as grain and other products derived and/or produced from InVigor Choice can be obtained at www.biotradestatus.com.