The goal of our donations program is to recognize and support organizations based solely on their needs, including organizations that our employees also value. The goal is to create sustainable partnerships that continually improve the communities in which Bayer employees live and work.
We do not accept compensation of any kind for donations made nor does our company seek to use these opportunities to promote our organization through reciprocity.
We aim to provide help when and where it is needed; however, we do seek to build long-term, mutually-aligned relationships with these organizations found within our areas of giving and geographic focus areas.
Bayer does not donate to the following:
- For-profit organizations
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, gender, sexual orientation or national origin
- General operating support for United Way-affiliated agencies
- Organizations or programs designed to influence legislation or elect candidates to public office
- General endowment funds
- Deficit reduction or operating reserves
- Religious organizations
- Charitable dinners, events or sponsorships
- Community or event advertising
- Student trips or exchange programs
- Athletic/sports sponsorships or scholarships
- Telephone solicitations
- Organizations outside of Canada