What is Tundra®?
- Tundra is an all-in-one grassy and broad-spectrum broadleaf herbicide
What active ingredients are in Tundra?
- Tundra contains three active ingredients:
- Pyrasulfotole (Group 27)
- Bromoxynil (Group 6)
- Fenoxaprop-p-ethyl (Group 1)
Can I apply Tundra to my barley?
- Tundra is registered for use in spring wheat (including durum) and barley.
What makes Tundra convenient?
- No tank-mixing of separate grass and broadleaf cocktails, no tank-mix order to look up, 160 ac./drum (no metering/measuring), or 500 ac./tote, quicker than triple rinsing jugs, just add water and go!
Do I need to tank-mix an adjuvant or additional broadleaf herbicide with Tundra?
- No adjuvant, surfactant or additional herbicide is required with Tundra.
Why did Bayer develop an all-in-one product?
- Farmers told us that during the hectic spraying season they don’t have time to fuss with the calculations, rates, hassles and potential errors associated with tank-mixing, they wanted a simple solution to control the majority of the weeds on their farm.
What weeds will Tundra control?
- Tundra will control barnyard grass, green foxtail, wild oats, yellow foxtail, annual sow thistle, chickweed, cleavers, common ragweed, flixweed, hemp-nettle, kochia, lamb’s-quarters, pale smartweed, redroot pigweed, Russian thistle, shepherd’s-purse, stinkweed, volunteer canola (including conventional, Round-up Ready, Liberty Link and Clearfield), wild buckwheat, wild mustard and suppression of Canada thistle, dandelion, perennial sow thistle, and round-leaved mallow.
- Tundra has NEW weed registrations for Canada Fleabane, Giant Ragweed, Narrow-leaved Hawk’s Beard, Stork’s-Bill
Will Tundra control my Group 2-resistant kochia, chickweed and cleavers?
- Tundra contains a new mode of action (pyrasulfotole), which is the only Group 27 in cereals and will control your Group 2 herbicide-resistant weeds such as kochia, cleavers, chickweed and spiny annual sow thistle. In addition, Tundra will also control your Group 9 or glyphosate resistant weeds like kochia
Can I add Ammonium Sulphate (AMS) to enhance control of cleavers?
- Bayer recommends adding AMS Utility Modifier with Tundra for control of cleavers that are in the 4 to 6 whorl stage. If adding AMS, always add AMS to the tank first.
How much Bayer AMS Utility Modifier should I add to Tundra?
- Bayer’s AMS Utility Modifier has a concentration of 400 g/L (40% solution) and a label rate of 500 g/ha, therefore AMS should be added at a rate of 0.5 L per acre (20 acres per jug). Add one 10 L jug of AMS for 2 X 8.1 L jugs of Tundra.
At what crop stage can Tundra be applied to the registered crops?
- Apply Tundra from the 1 to 6 leaf stage on the main stem plus 3 tillers on barley, durum wheat and spring wheat.
What is the rainfast rating for Tundra?
How much water should I use when applying Tundra by ground & air?
- Ground application - minimum of 5 US gal./ac. (19 L/ac.)
- Air - minimum of 3 US gal./ac. (11 L/ac.)
Bayer recommends using more water to achieve better coverage when applying the product in dense crop canopies, on high weed populations or on advanced growth stage weeds.
How many acres does one jug treat?
- One 8.1 L jug treats 10 acres (2 X 8.1 L case will treat 20 acres).
- One 129.6 L BigBoys shuttle treats 160 acres and one 405 L BigBoys tote treats 500 acres.
What crops can be grown the year after an application of Tundra?
- Alfalfa, barley (spring), canary seed, canola, corn (field)1, flax, oats, peas (field)2, potatoes, soybeans1, sunflowers and wheat (spring and durum) can be planted 10 months following an application of Tundra. Lentils can be planted back 22 months following an application of Tundra.
2Field peas may be grown the year following a Tundra herbicide application in all black, grey-wooded and dark brown soil zones. Do not plant field peas the year following a Tundra application in the Brown soil zone where organic matter content is below 2.5% and where soil pH is above 7.5%.
Can I add MCPA or 2,4-D to Tundra?
- Yes, up to a maximum of 4 active ounces per acre of MCPA for enhanced suppression of Canada Thistle and a maximum of 4 active ounces per acre of 2,4-D for control of stork’s-bill.
Can I tank-mix a fungicide with Tundra?
- Tilt® can be tank-mixed with Tundra on spring wheat and barley. If adding AMS to Tundra for enhanced weed control, do not tank-mix with a fungicide. For a list of unlabelled tank mixes supported by Bayer, please visit: Tank Mix List