Why is it important to you?
The management issues and yield concerns with herbicide resistance are very real, especially now with an increasing number of herbicide resistant weeds spreading across Western Canada.
Loss of viable herbicide options
- Have to rely on currently available herbicides for the foreseeable future
- No herbicides with new modes of action are in advanced trials
Would require changes in weed and crop management practices
- Zero or reduced tillage rely heavily on herbicides for weed control
Reduced return on investment
- Increase the cost of weed management
- Loss of yield potential
The number of weeds with herbicide resistance continues to rise
- Including weeds resistant to multiple modes of action