The preferred rate for maximum soil activity and most consistent weed control is 0.7 L/ac.
The 0.7 L/ac. rate is to be used only once in a season and should be applied pre-plant, pre-emergence or in-crop early post-emergence up to the V2 stage.
|Annual broadleaf weeds:
Mustard (hare’s ear,
Indian, tumble, wild,
Perennial sow thistle
0.3 L/ac. or 0.7 L/ac.
The preferred application window for XtendiMax® is up to V2 to maximize soil activity benefits, but applications may be made up to the R1 stage.
Up to two post applications can be made per season. The second post application should only be used for control of glyphosate-resistant weeds.
The 0.7 L/ac. rate can be used only once in a season and should be applied pre-plant, pre-emergence or in-crop early post-emergence (up to the V2 growth stage).
1.4 L/ac. is the maximum total to be applied in a single season.
- Do not apply to sweet corn
- Apply to medium to fine textured soils containing more than 2.5% organic matter
- Avoid direct chemical contact with the corn seed. If you plan to apply XtendiMax pre-emergence, ensure the corn seeds are placed at least 4 cm below the soil surface. If seeded less than 4 cm below the soil surface, delay application until the spike stage.
- Do not incorporate
- Do not apply to corn over 50 cm in height. Measure the corn as it stands, not leaf-extended.
Apply this product in a minimum of 100 Liters of spray solution per hectare. Use a higher spray volume when treating dense vegetation.
Avoid applying this product when heavy rain is forecast. Rainfall occurring within 4 hours after application, particularly on weeds growing under stress conditions, may reduce the effectiveness of this product. Heavy rainfall within 2 hours after application may wash the chemical off the foliage and a repeat treatment may be required.
A plant back interval of 120 days is required for those crops not on the XtendiMax label.
Residue and Grazing
- DO NOT permit lactating dairy animals to graze fields within 7 days after application
- DO NOT harvest forage or cut hay within 30 days after application
- Withdraw meat animals from treated fields at least 3 days before slaughter
For all application information including rates and timing please refer to the label.
for the Spray Forecast Website
For further information about proper application requirements:
- Bayer’s Roundup Ready Xtend Crop System training document for Western Canada
- Bayer’s Roundup Ready Xtend Crop System training document for Eastern Canada