- CROP ROTATION
Rotate crops as often as possible to utilize the unique modes of action available within the crop.
- TIME FERTILIZATION
Time and place fertilizer to benefit your crop, not weeds.
- TARGET PROBLEM WEEDS
Systematically target problem weeds and respond quickly to changing weed populations.
- SCOUT OFTEN
Scout often and take note of individual weed response to all applications (pre-emergent, post-emergent and pre-harvest).
- REMOVE ALL WEEDS
Make sure you remove all weeds before they set seed – even if you have to pull by hand. Remember the old English proverb: One year seeding, seven years weeding.
- PERIMETER WEED MANAGEMENT
Leaving a 1m-wide weed-free zone around your cropping fields (so new weeds can’t propagate and expand throughout your fields).
- OUTCOMPETE WEEDS
Decrease your row spacing and increase seeding rates to optimize plant populations, maximize crop competitiveness and minimize time to crop canopy closure.
- MAXIMIZE YOUR HERBICIDE’S EFFECTIVENESS:
- Match selection of herbicide(s) with your most difficult weeds
- Use full-labelled rates
- Include the best tank mixes and adjuvant(s)
- Use correct spray volume (follow label directions)
- Use correct nozzle spacing and droplet size
- Don’t spray at excess travel speeds, follow label directions
- Apply during the best weather conditions (warm, humid, and sunny conditions with minimal wind)
- Maximize rainfastness intervals
- Time of day (herbicides are most effective when sprayed between 8:00am and 9:00pm)
Herbicide resistance is everyone's problem.This product is a Mix It Up solution.
Visit MixItUp.ca for more simple strategies and solutions.